SCHEDULE UPDATE: Due to timing issues, Sawyer Carnegie’s presentation “Exploring Judith Butler’s Gender Theory Through Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home” will move to the panel “Theorizing Literature: Critical Approaches to Text” on Saturday at 10:45am-12:00pm. This change will not be reflected in the paper programs, so take note!
It’s officially conference-eve! If you’re struggling to figure out where you might want to have lunch or dinner while you’re in town, here are some local suggestions from current and former UPEI students. Charlottetown has an amazing locally-owned food scene, so you’re sure to find something that floats your boat, but these are highlights!
- Hopyard: chill atmosphere and lots of delicious fried goodness, with plenty of vegan and gluten-free options
- Piatto Pizzeria: artisan pizza that will make you feel like you’re in Italy
- Splendid Essence: an all-vegetarian Asian menu with awesome prices. Like seriously out-of-this-world prices
- The Brickhouse: winner of last April’s Burger Love competition – try the “Brickinator” burger
- Mr. Sushi: Korean and Japanese meals, special shout-out to the Special Big Sale
- Seoul Food: delicious Korean food, ideal for take-out, and conveniently located across from a Dairy Queen
- Sadat’s Cuisine: a seriously classy Afghani joint with amazing management and stellar samosas
- Leonhards: bistro-style soup and sandwiches, with a great hot menu (personally, I’m a big fan of the schnitzel)
- Himalayan: hands down the best curry in town
- Churchill Arms: Himalayan’s competitor for curry dominance
- Taco Boyz: because tacos are always a good idea